A Parish Council is the first tier of local government, they are elected bodies, with discretionary powers and rights laid down by Parliament to represent their communities and provide services for them. They act as a focus for local opinion, and provide a way to get things done in a way that is best suited to their local community.
All meetings are open to the public and the Parish Council welcomes the attendance of residents. The guidelines for public participation at meetings have recently been revised. Please see below:-
Public Participation in Meetings
- Any resident in the parish will be allowed to ask for an item to be included on the agenda for a forthcoming Parish Council meeting. That person will be allowed to attend the meeting and make a presentation.
- Any item for inclusion must be submitted to the Clerk to the Council at least ten days before the meeting. This will enable the item to be included on the formal agenda. Any items received after that time will be included on the agenda for the following meeting.
- Issues for discussion will be limited to those relating to parish council functions;
- The item will be placed at the beginning of the agenda (after Chairman’s Communications).
- There will be a time limit of five minutes per issue.
- Where more than one person wishes to raise the same issue, one of their number will act as spokesperson. No other persons will be allowed to speak.
- There will be no limit on the number of issues that an individual can raise at one meeting (this to be reviewed after six months).
- Only the Chairman (with assistance from the Clerk) will respond to the item. No other councillor or member of the public will be allowed to speak.
- These rules will be forwarded to any resident who asks for an item to be included on the agenda.
(revised June 2018
If you have an item for the agenda, please contact the Clerk on tel 01964 551176 or via email email@example.com at least ten days before the meeting, so that a specific item can be included on the agenda.
Parish Council Members 2019
|Chairman||Mr David Drew||882579|
|Vice Chair||Ms Vivien Swann||867677|
|Councillor||Mrs Claire Boyle||860472|
|Councillor||Mr Tony Collinson||872403|
|Councillor||Mr Ken Hearne||868310|
|Councillor||Mrs Gail Holdorf||862209|
|Councillor||Mr N Waudby||874717|
|Councillor||Mr J Whistler||862414|
|Clerk to the Parish Council||Mrs Margaret Rose||01964 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Dates of Meetings 2019 -2020
|3rd September 2019||7:00pm||Methodist Church School Room|
|1st October 2019||7:00pm||Methodist Church School Room|
|5th November 2019||7:00pm||Methodist Church School Room|
|3rd December 2019||7:00pm||Methodist Church School Room|
|7th January 2020||7:00pm||Methodist Church School Room|
|4th February 2020||7:00pm||Methodist Church School Room|