The next meeting of the WALKINGTON PARISH COUNCIL will be held in the Methodist Church School Room on Tuesday 6 March 2018 at 7.30 pm.
- STANDING ORDERS NOS 53-55 MEMBERS’ INTERESTS (report to follow)
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST (Any Member or Officer with a pecuniary interest in any item on the Agenda for this meeting may declare that interest under this item or immediately before the commencement of the item to which the interest relates. If the interest is pecuniary the Member shall retire to the public gallery of the room for the discussion and voting thereon)
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMUNICATIONS – to consider any issues which have been raised with the Chairman that are not already on the agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- VILLAGE POND IMPROVEMENT SCHEME
(i) Progress Report – Report by Councillor Southern (report enclosed)
(iI) Funding and Governance of Pond Related work – Report by Councillor Mrs Boyle – (report enclosed)
- COMMUNITY SAFETY MATTERS
(i) Beverley Rural Police Team – Follow up (email enclosed)
(ii) Beverley Rural Police Team – Newsletter (previously circulated)
(iii) Recent Crime Statistics – December 2017 (enclosed)
- MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 6 FEBRUARY 2018
-To confirm these Minutes as being an accurate record of proceedings
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES – which are not otherwise on the agenda for this meeting
- PLANNING MATTERS – to consider the following applications for planning permission and associated correspondence upon which the Parish Council has been consulted
(a) Applications Received
(I) Autherd Cottage REF 17/04225/PLF – Erection of single storey extension to rear following demolition of existing and removal of detached garage (report enclosed.
(ii) 13 Saunders Croft REF 18/00423/PLF – Erection of first floor extension to side (report enclosed)
(Iii) Land East of Isbel Lane Allotments REF 18/00311/PLF Change of use of agricultural land to dog exercising area including associated access and parking (report enclosed)
(iv) 29 Manor House Lane REF 18/00353/PLF – Erection of first floor extension to front and rendering to existing elevations (report enclosed)
(v) Land South West of All Hallows Church REF 18/00120/PLF – Change of use and construction of a car park for the use of church-goers (report enclosed)
(vi) 4 Little Weighton Road REF 18/00299/PLF – Erection of a single storey garden store to the rear of existing garage / shed and associated works(report enclosed)
(vii) Lions Den Farm, Hunsley Road REF 18/00586/PLF –Erection of a livestock building for pig finishing with associated feed bins (report enclosed)
(b) Notices of Appeal
(i) Land behind 31/33 East End – REF 17/02731/PLF –Alterations and extension to existing cottage to form a single dwelling and erection of 3 dwellings with detached garages to the rear following demolition of existing outbuildings (AMENDED PLANS) – Notice enclosed
(c) Notices of Decision
(i) Land behind 31/33 East End – REF 17/02731/PLF (previously circulated)
(ii) Bentley Hall, Bentley Lane REF 17/04262/PLF Erection of single and two storey extensions to infill the existing courtyard incorporating roof terrace, alterations to entrance door and new portico to front, construction of covered decking area to side, erection of detached garage with ancillary accommodation including roof terrace above and other associated alterations CONSENT GRANTED (notice enclosed).
- TREE ISSUES– to consider the following applications for planning permission and associated correspondence upon which the Parish Council has been consulted
(a) Applications Received
(i) Broadgates Playing Fields REF 18/00474/TPO – A1: Entrance driveway – T1 Sycamore; 7m crown lift, T2 Oak: remove lowest limb, T3 Lime: 8m crown lift, T4 Oak: remove lowest limb, T5Lime: remove lowest limb, T6 Oak: remove lowest limb on east side and side, reduce remaining overhang by 2m, T7 Lime: fell, T8 Sycamore: fell, T9 Oak: remove lowest limb, T10 Lime: 8m crown lift, T11 Oak: remove side tertiary branches from main limbs up to 10m, T12 Oak: 8m crown lift, T13 Oak: remove lowest limb, T14 Lime: 6m crown lift, T15 Oak: remove side tertiary branches from lowest limb up to 8m and side reduce by 3m (above wooden dugout) T16Sycamore: 5m crown lift, T17 Oak: 3m side reduce, T18 Sycamore: 5m crown lift, T19 Oak: 7m crown lift, T20 Sycamore: 6m crown lift. West side of field footpath – Sycamore x7: dead wood and remove epitomic growth, West side of field pitch – Sycamore x5: 5m crown lift and side reduce by 2m, South side of field pitch – Willow; remove lowest limb and side reduce remaining overhang by3m, Oak: fell, East side of field pitch – Mixed species Maple and Sycamore x 9:5m crown lift and 2m side reduce, Sycamore: fell as dead, (report enclosed)
(ii) Autherd Cottage REF 18/00590/TCA Lawson Cypress (T1) – fell because it is a poor specimen which overhangs the adjacent footpath in Autherd Garth. Lawson Cypress (T2) – Fell; in the event that it is considered too close to the rebuilt extension to comply with building regs. (report enclosed)
(b) Notices of Appeal
None received by 27 February 2018
(c) Notices of Decision
(i) 5 George Lane – DC/18/00052/TPO – A1: Acer x7: Requirement to reduce crown by approx. 2.5 to 3.5 m all around as overhanging house cutting out a lot of light and concerns highlighted from neighbouring properties on potential influence on their property due to size, species and water demands of trees – CONSENT GRANTED (notice enclosed).
(ii) 17 George Lane – DC/18/00169/TPO A1: Silver Birch; prune stem on southern side of tree down to 6m above ground to reduce overhang and rubbing from house. Remove tertiary branch to northern side of tree overhanging driveway of neighbouring property. 3m crown lift over garage of neighbouring property. CONSENT GRANTED (notice enclosed).
- EAST RIDING COUNCIL MATTERS – to receive information on decisions taken by the East Riding of Yorkshire Council affecting Walkington and to raise outstanding issues with ward councillors who may be present.
(i) Walkington Conservation Area – Adoption of Re-Appraisal by East Riding Council 21 February 2018 (letter enclosed)
- HIGHWAY MATTERS
(I) Use of Kirk Lane and Little Weighton Road as a “Rat Run” –
(ii) Wold Road Gritting Arrangements – complaint by resident
(iii) Wold Road Traffic Survey – Response from East Riding Council
(iv) Parking and Storage of Building Materials on Grass Verges (report to follow)
(v) Temporary Road Closure Notices – Mill Lane and Killingwoldgraves Lane (previously circulated)
- VILLAGE IMPROVEMENTS
(i) Hanging Baskets 2018
- OPEN SPACE MATTERS
(i) Red Yats Paddock – Update
(ii) Parish Council Land – Maintenance 2018/2019
(iii) Pest Control 2018/2019
- MONTHLY ACCOUNTS, FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND BUDGET MONITORING REPORT (report to follow)
- BANKING ARRANGEMENTS
- MEETINGS OF OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS – to receive any reports from members of outside organisations
- MISCELLANEOUS CORRESPONDENCE & COMMUNICATIONS
(i) Town and Parish Council Name Banks – Proposals by Walkington Primary School and East Riding Council of Yorkshire (enclosed)
(ii) Broadband/Mobile Phone Issues
(iii) World War One – 100 Years Commemoration – Request for Payment of Grant
(iv) Dog Fouling in Walkington – complaint from a resident (email enclosed.
(v) Walkington-Life Blog – Request for Financial Assistance (report enclosed)
- VILLAGE TASK FORCE WALKABOUT SATISFACTION SURVEY 2017/2018
- TOUR DE YORKSHIRE 3 MAY 2018
- VILLAGE ISSUES
No items received by 27 February 2018
- INSURANCE POLICY 2018/2019
- EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC The Council is asked to consider excluding the public from the meeting for the consideration of the following item under the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 on the grounds that will involve the consideration of confidential contractual, legal or financial matters.
- ANNUAL REVIEW OF STAFF SALARIES
- COMMUNITY SAFETY PLAN
27 WALKINGTON PARISH COUNCIL RECORDS
- DATE AND TIME OF FUTURE MEETINGS
(i) Annual Parish Meeting Tuesday 3 April 2018 in the Methodist School Room at 7 00 p.m.
(ii) Parish Council Meeting Tuesday 3 April 2018 n the Methodist School Room at 7 30 p.m.
(iii) Annual Parish Council Meeting Tuesday 1 May 2018 n the Methodist School Room at 7 30 p.m.
(b) Dates and Venue 2018/2019 (attached)